helpme

Default Document recovery

Hi,
Im running a terminal server session and using Word, but every time i load
up Word a few documents appear in the document recovery pane. I have tried:
-Deleting the files from the TS
-Saving the files and doing what MSWORD asks
-Removing all temporary files on the TS hard disk
-Deleting all contents of the autorecovery folder
-Changed location of the autorecovery file

The files keep appearing even after i delete and i have no idea how they do
it.

There are no viruses, and the version of word is Word 2003 (11.6359.6360)
SP1 operating on Windows Server 2003 Standard with SP1 running Terminal
Services.

This issue occurs for the administrator account and one other users account.

annaclub

HEY!! I think I solved it!!

You need to remove the keys under "DocumentRecovery" at the following
registry location for
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\W ord\Resiliency\DocumentRecovery.

I also did a search on DocumentRecovery unter HKEY_USERS and eliminated it
there too, for each user that had it.

"helpme" wrote:

Hi,
Im running a terminal server session and using Word, but every time i load
up Word a few documents appear in the document recovery pane. I have tried:
-Deleting the files from the TS
-Saving the files and doing what MSWORD asks
-Removing all temporary files on the TS hard disk
-Deleting all contents of the autorecovery folder
-Changed location of the autorecovery file

The files keep appearing even after i delete and i have no idea how they do
it.

There are no viruses, and the version of word is Word 2003 (11.6359.6360)
SP1 operating on Windows Server 2003 Standard with SP1 running Terminal
Services.

This issue occurs for the administrator account and one other users account.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TheTerMan TheTerMan is offline

I had the same issue. I searched the registry for "resiliency" and then
deleted the keys under "documentrecovery" and it fixed the issue. Thanks to
anna for this solution.

"helpme" wrote:

Hi,
Im running a terminal server session and using Word, but every time i load
up Word a few documents appear in the document recovery pane. I have tried:
-Deleting the files from the TS
-Saving the files and doing what MSWORD asks
-Removing all temporary files on the TS hard disk
-Deleting all contents of the autorecovery folder
-Changed location of the autorecovery file

The files keep appearing even after i delete and i have no idea how they do
it.

There are no viruses, and the version of word is Word 2003 (11.6359.6360)
SP1 operating on Windows Server 2003 Standard with SP1 running Terminal
Services.

This issue occurs for the administrator account and one other users account.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack Spratt Jack Spratt is offline

Thank you for this.

Now all I need is a bulk method of deleting the specific keys under each
user since I have 40 users and document recovery error for both Word and
Excel. Time consuming.

"helpme" wrote:

Hi,
Im running a terminal server session and using Word, but every time i load
up Word a few documents appear in the document recovery pane. I have tried:
-Deleting the files from the TS
-Saving the files and doing what MSWORD asks
-Removing all temporary files on the TS hard disk
-Deleting all contents of the autorecovery folder
-Changed location of the autorecovery file

The files keep appearing even after i delete and i have no idea how they do
it.

There are no viruses, and the version of word is Word 2003 (11.6359.6360)
SP1 operating on Windows Server 2003 Standard with SP1 running Terminal
Services.

This issue occurs for the administrator account and one other users account.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Jan is offline

I just want to express my gratitute for this information. I've been
struggeling with this problem for weeks and this finally fixed it. Cheers!

"helpme" wrote:

Hi,
Im running a terminal server session and using Word, but every time i load
up Word a few documents appear in the document recovery pane. I have tried:
-Deleting the files from the TS
-Saving the files and doing what MSWORD asks
-Removing all temporary files on the TS hard disk
-Deleting all contents of the autorecovery folder
-Changed location of the autorecovery file

The files keep appearing even after i delete and i have no idea how they do
it.

There are no viruses, and the version of word is Word 2003 (11.6359.6360)
SP1 operating on Windows Server 2003 Standard with SP1 running Terminal
Services.

This issue occurs for the administrator account and one other users account.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LSumner LSumner is offline

Is there really no built-in method for clearing these out? Editing the
registry really doesn't seem like an ideal long term solution.