Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jcj jcj is offline

Default MS Word Office Assistant in Word 2007

Where do I find the office assistant in MS Word?

joaniecomelately
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Office assistant was retired or fired after 2003.
--
Rae Drysdale

"jcj" wrote:

Where do I find the office assistant in MS Word?

joaniecomelately

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

I used to like Scribbles years ago.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"jcj" wrote:

Where do I find the office assistant in MS Word?

joaniecomelately

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jcj jcj is offline

Why do all the neat, fun things disappear. I liked the office
agents/assistants.
Microsoft sure didn't ask my opinion before they retired the guys. ;-)

joaniecomelately
a writer

"jcj" wrote:

Where do I find the office assistant in MS Word?

joaniecomelately

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jcj jcj is offline

We're all different. That's what makes life interesting.

joaniecomelately

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Most users hated them.

"jcj" wrote:

Where do I find the office assistant in MS Word?

joaniecomelately

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Scribbles was cute but she was also a PITA. I haven't used an assistant for
years.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Most users hated them.

so
all may benefit.

"jcj" wrote:

Where do I find the office assistant in MS Word?

joaniecomelately

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Indeed, but this was evidently a "majority rule" situation.

"jcj" wrote in message
news
We're all different. That's what makes life interesting.

joaniecomelately

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Most users hated them.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"jcj" wrote in message

Why do all the neat, fun things disappear. I liked the office
agents/assistants.
Microsoft sure didn't ask my opinion before they retired the guys.

;-)

joaniecomelately
a writer

"jcj" wrote:

Where do I find the office assistant in MS Word?

joaniecomelately

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Actually, they did ask - or they tried to anyway. :-)

For Office 2003 they created an opt-in Customer Experience Improvement
Program which tracked the commands used, settings, setup, etc. They took the
data they obtained from CEIP and used it to make various decisions about
Office 2007, such as which features they should focus on improving. CEIP
determined most users turn Clippy and his buddies off so they retired him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"jcj" wrote:

Where do I find the office assistant in MS Word?

joaniecomelately

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rarmon rarmon is offline

I am really sad not to have the office assistant to help me

"jcj" wrote:

We're all different. That's what makes life interesting.

joaniecomelately

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Most users hated them.

"jcj" wrote:

Where do I find the office assistant in MS Word?

joaniecomelately

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
M038 M038 is offline

Too many stuffed shirts out there--a former supervisor mandated that all of
his people (me included) had to turn off the assistants--'not proper for the
atmosphere here' which is a load--I just liked scribble to animate while I
was on the phone. Guess it appeared I was having fun or something!
--
2HOT2HANDLE

"jcj" wrote:

Where do I find the office assistant in MS Word?

joaniecomelately

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Keeblergalz Keeblergalz is offline

The office assistant was an optional feature. If you didn't want it you
didn't have to use it. I agree they took away the one fun thing on my work
computer.

"jcj" wrote:

Where do I find the office assistant in MS Word?

joaniecomelately

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lesliem lesliem is offline

Personally, I am extremely upset that the office assistant has been
cancelled. I truly enjoyed having my kitty up on the screen all day. I am
in the process of expressing my outrage to Microsoft. Due to company policy,
I do not have the option of going back to 2003. Microsoft at least should
create an app that mimics the Office Assistant for those who actually liked
it. Everyone who actually did like it should email Microsoft like I am
doing. I'm pretty sure they're not going to listen to just one person, but
if we all complain, maybe they will do something. Maybe. Hopefully they are
even reading these posts, so if enough complain...I am thinking of starting a
protest signature sheet, post up if you're interested in signing...

Thanks,

Leslie

"jcj" wrote:

Where do I find the office assistant in MS Word?

joaniecomelately

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Puph Puph is offline

Default Bring back Office Assistant

I am willing to protest.
What happened to freedom of choice!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

It's gone. Protest all you want but I don't think you're going to need a
group permit to do so.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Puph" wrote in message
I am willing to protest.
What happened to freedom of choice!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are no Office Assistants in Office 2007. They have been retired.

http://word.mvps.org

"Pat" wrote in message
I too am looking for the Office Assistant anyone found out how to get it
use
etc.
pat
--
Pat

"jcj" wrote:

Where do I find the office assistant in MS Word?

joaniecomelately

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat[_5_] Pat[_5_] is offline

Can load a copy of Office 2003 using Office 2007 just to use Word I like to
work with the Office Assistanct.
--
Pat

"jcj" wrote:

Where do I find the office assistant in MS Word?

joaniecomelately

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DrewS DrewS is offline

I rather like Links the Cat. He can be quite comforting in a sometimes
stressful work environment, and the occasional variation in the animation
(like the times when a woman's hand reaches in to scratch his head) is great
fun.

If enough of us mount a campaign, can we bring him back?