Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Huber57 Huber57 is offline

Default Feedback to Microsoft

Does anyone know if MS takes feedback for correcting errors for its office
suite?

I found a tiny mistake with Word 2007. When you hover over the Grow Font
button on the Home ribbon, it shows a shortcut key of Ctrl + . When the
shortcut key is actually Ctrl + Shift + .

I know it is minor but it may help someone along the way.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

They amount to the same thing, as Ctrl+ is actually Ctrl+Shift+Period. You
can't type without pressing Shift.

http://word.mvps.org

"Huber57" wrote in message
Does anyone know if MS takes feedback for correcting errors for its office
suite?

I found a tiny mistake with Word 2007. When you hover over the Grow Font
button on the Home ribbon, it shows a shortcut key of Ctrl + . When the
shortcut key is actually Ctrl + Shift + .

I know it is minor but it may help someone along the way.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes. For example, on my Swedish keyboard, is Shift+.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Huber57" wrote in message
Does anyone know if MS takes feedback for correcting errors for its
office
suite?

I found a tiny mistake with Word 2007. When you hover over the Grow
Font
button on the Home ribbon, it shows a shortcut key of Ctrl + . When
the
shortcut key is actually Ctrl + Shift + .

I know it is minor but it may help someone along the way.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

So you can't really give keyboard shortcuts in terms of the character
shown -- the one we use a lot here, Show Non-Printing Characters, has
to be given as Ctrl-Shift-8 because the asterisk is in different
places on other keyboards, but the shortcut doesn't follow the
asterisk around the keyboard.

I have sort of accidentally made this discovery: If I'm in a keyboard
for a different script entirely (Sinhala was the one I was most
recently using), my keyboard shortcuts for accented letters still
work: Ctrl-Alt-Hyphen, e still gives an e with macron.

"Huber57" wrote in message
Does anyone know if MS takes feedback for correcting errors for its
office
suite?

I found a tiny mistake with Word 2007. *When you hover over the Grow
Font
button on the Home ribbon, it shows a shortcut key of Ctrl + . *When
the
shortcut key is actually Ctrl + Shift + .

I know it is minor but it may help someone along the way.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But presumably Ctrl+ is the correct shortcut regardless of how it is
achieved? I think that's the point. If you have to shift to get , then
Shift is part of . For those of us with a U.S. keyboard, Ctrl+ would be
Ctrl+Shift+Comma, but for you, obviously, it would just be Ctrl+.

http://word.mvps.org

"Huber57" wrote in message
Does anyone know if MS takes feedback for correcting errors for its
office
suite?

I found a tiny mistake with Word 2007. When you hover over the Grow
Font
button on the Home ribbon, it shows a shortcut key of Ctrl + . When
the
shortcut key is actually Ctrl + Shift + .

I know it is minor but it may help someone along the way.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, you are right: if the screentip says Ctrl+ that is what you need
to type, of course, no matter which specific keys you have to press to
achieve .

It's a bigger problem that shortcuts are different in different languages or
keyboard layouts; Peter mentions the case of Ctrl+Shift+8 (ShowAll) which on
my system is Ctrl+(. Not surprisingly, Shift+8 inserts ( on my system.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Huber57" wrote in message
Does anyone know if MS takes feedback for correcting errors for its
office
suite?

I found a tiny mistake with Word 2007. When you hover over the Grow
Font
button on the Home ribbon, it shows a shortcut key of Ctrl + . When
the
shortcut key is actually Ctrl + Shift + .

I know it is minor but it may help someone along the way.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And I can never remember whether the universal shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+8
(regardless of what Shift+8 is) or Ctrl+* (regardless of where the asterisk
is), so I'm constantly dithering over giving that.

"Huber57" wrote in message
Does anyone know if MS takes feedback for correcting errors for its
office
suite?

I found a tiny mistake with Word 2007. When you hover over the Grow
Font
button on the Home ribbon, it shows a shortcut key of Ctrl + . When
the
shortcut key is actually Ctrl + Shift + .

I know it is minor but it may help someone along the way.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In this particular case, I think Ctrl+Shift+8 is more general, as I would
imagine that most (or even all?) keyboards have the numbers below the
function keys (that is above the letters).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Huber57" wrote in message
Does anyone know if MS takes feedback for correcting errors for its
office
suite?

I found a tiny mistake with Word 2007. When you hover over the Grow
Font
button on the Home ribbon, it shows a shortcut key of Ctrl + .
When
the
shortcut key is actually Ctrl + Shift + .

I know it is minor but it may help someone along the way.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

One of my early Gateway keyboards had an unshifted asterisk down near the
spacebar, perhaps on what is now the key that brings up the context menu. It
was very handy in the old DOS days when asterisks were often part of a
command line but I guess fell out of favor in Windows (especially as
keyboards gave up space for the dedicated "Windows keys," but you have to
wonder whether Ctrl+* would have worked with that key.

"Huber57" wrote in message
Does anyone know if MS takes feedback for correcting errors for its
office
suite?

I found a tiny mistake with Word 2007. When you hover over the
Grow
Font
button on the Home ribbon, it shows a shortcut key of Ctrl + .
When
the
shortcut key is actually Ctrl + Shift + .

I know it is minor but it may help someone along the way.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Huber57" wrote in message
Does anyone know if MS takes feedback for correcting errors for its
office
suite?

I found a tiny mistake with Word 2007. When you hover over the
Grow
Font
button on the Home ribbon, it shows a shortcut key of Ctrl + .
When
the
shortcut key is actually Ctrl + Shift + .

I know it is minor but it may help someone along the way.

feedback with sound does not operate John-the-fisherman Microsoft Word Help 1 June 4th 09 12:32 PM
provide feedback with sounds oldman New Users 6 June 15th 08 09:54 PM
how do I draw an interview feedback form Tseleng Microsoft Word Help 1 May 18th 07 10:17 AM
Feedback sheet Kazzalou Page Layout 1 August 15th 06 09:19 AM
Office 2007 Feedback Alain Maillot Microsoft Word Help 5 July 19th 06 02:33 PM