Charliemchr

Default problems with office 2003 service pack 2

I have installed Office 2003 within last 3 months, on all 3 of my computers.
On one only, in Word I have had trouble opening a file from any location
except My Documents. When I try, I have to go through a "Crash Analysis,"
leading to an Office Update. The "required updates" include Office 2003
Sevice Pack 2 and Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter. I have read
many times about problems of incompatibility of software that people
experience when they install Service Pack 2. I have 2 questions:
1. Could I circumvent this problem by reinstalling Office? After all, my
other computers have not had this problem.
2. Where could I learn about the problems that may occur after installing
Service Pack 2.
Bottom Line: 3. Should I install Service Pack 2?