Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
steeler06

Default Word 2003 and removal of Avery Wizard

Running Word 2003 SP2 (M/S Office Professional Edition 2003) and because the
Avery Wizard was not working correctly, have uninstalled the Avery Wizard via
Add/Remove Programs; however, the avery wizard icon still shows up in my word
toolbar icons. If I click on the icon, eventhough the program has been
removed, it automatically pops up "My Computer" display? Thought I would try
to re-install the latest version of the avery wizard, but then I have (2)
avery icons in my word toolbar, neither of which work properly. Would like
to totally remove avery from my icons and try a fresh install of the avery
wizard. How to I remove all traces of the old avery wizard and just have one
icon that works.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The Avery wizard is pretty useless and doesn't really do anything that Word
cannot manage without it.
It sounds as though either the add-in is still present
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...sInstalled.htm
or it has written to the normal.dot file -
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

steeler06 wrote:
Running Word 2003 SP2 (M/S Office Professional Edition 2003) and
because the Avery Wizard was not working correctly, have uninstalled
the Avery Wizard via Add/Remove Programs; however, the avery wizard
icon still shows up in my word toolbar icons. If I click on the
icon, eventhough the program has been removed, it automatically pops
up "My Computer" display? Thought I would try to re-install the
latest version of the avery wizard, but then I have (2) avery icons
in my word toolbar, neither of which work properly. Would like to
totally remove avery from my icons and try a fresh install of the
avery wizard. How to I remove all traces of the old avery wizard and
just have one icon that works.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

It's not just me? Thank you!!! I was sure that I was the only person who
felt that way about that add-in!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]