Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nisse PowerMan Nisse PowerMan is offline

Default Graphics and Pictures, how to make visible?

Word refuses to make graphics (pictures and objects) visible in my
documents. How to battle Word - and win?

Item 1 shows up as object when I right click it, Somtimes it shows
"Format Drawing Canvas", sometimes "Format Object", sometimes something
else.....

This object is NOT visible in Normal view mode. If I switch to Print
Layout it shows again. It does NOT have "Borders and Shading" either.

How can I make this object visible in Normal mode?

Item 2 shows "Format Object" always as I right click it and this object
is visible in Normal view mode also - as it should be.

It also has "Borders and Shading" choice.

Why this bug in Word and how to deal with it?

Nisse

--
Remove the obvious part before replying by mail please!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It isn't a bug.

The first object is "floating" in the drawing layer, but the second object
is "in line" in the text layer. Objects in the drawing layer never appear in
Normal view. Read the explanation at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/DrawLayer.htm.

You can change the first object's text wrapping to make it "in line", and
then it will appear in Normal view.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Nisse PowerMan wrote:
Word refuses to make graphics (pictures and objects) visible in my
documents. How to battle Word - and win?

Item 1 shows up as object when I right click it, Somtimes it shows
"Format Drawing Canvas", sometimes "Format Object", sometimes
something else.....

This object is NOT visible in Normal view mode. If I switch to Print
Layout it shows again. It does NOT have "Borders and Shading" either.

How can I make this object visible in Normal mode?

Item 2 shows "Format Object" always as I right click it and this
object is visible in Normal view mode also - as it should be.

It also has "Borders and Shading" choice.

Why this bug in Word and how to deal with it?

Nisse

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Jay Freedman wrote:

It isn't a bug.

The first object is "floating" in the drawing layer, but the second object
is "in line" in the text layer. Objects in the drawing layer never appear in
Normal view. Read the explanation at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/DrawLayer.htm.

You can change the first object's text wrapping to make it "in line", and
then it will appear in Normal view.

I must make you disappointed. The object WAS in fact Inline with text
already, but it don't show anyways. I also checked the help in the link,
but it don't work as described as the object is already inline with text
- the information was faulty.

Any other tip on how to fix visibility?

/Nisse

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Nisse PowerMan wrote:
Word refuses to make graphics (pictures and objects) visible in my
documents. How to battle Word - and win?

Item 1 shows up as object when I right click it, Somtimes it shows
"Format Drawing Canvas", sometimes "Format Object", sometimes
something else.....

This object is NOT visible in Normal view mode. If I switch to Print
Layout it shows again. It does NOT have "Borders and Shading" either.

How can I make this object visible in Normal mode?

Item 2 shows "Format Object" always as I right click it and this
object is visible in Normal view mode also - as it should be.

It also has "Borders and Shading" choice.

Why this bug in Word and how to deal with it?

Nisse

--
Remove the obvious part before replying by mail please!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although a drawing canvas may be formatted as In Line With Text, the objects
in it are still in the drawing layer.

"Nisse PowerMan" wrote in message
Jay Freedman wrote:

[...]

newsgroup so