Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
pdrew pdrew is offline

Default Making Word 2000 footnote numbers and footnotes plain text for Web

I need to import Word 2000 docs containing automatic footnotes into web
pages. I know that automatic footnotes do not import into HTML pages. Is
there a way to turn off the coding of the automatic footnotes in the Word
doc, leaving just static text, so I can import the doc into Dreamweaver?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The following macro will do that for EndNotes. You could probably do
something similar with footnotes, but you may run into pagination problems.
Can you import .pdf documents into Dreamweaver?

' Macro created 29/09/99 by Doug Robbins to replace endnotes with textnotes
at end of document

' to replace the endnote reference in the body of the document with a
superscript number.

'

Dim aendnote As Endnote

For Each aendnote In ActiveDocument.Endnotes

ActiveDocument.Range.InsertAfter vbCr & aendnote.Index & vbTab &
aendnote.Range

aendnote.Reference.InsertBefore "a" & aendnote.Index & "a"

Next aendnote

For Each aendnote In ActiveDocument.Endnotes

aendnote.Reference.Delete

Next aendnote

Selection.Find.ClearFormatting

Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting

With Selection.Find.Replacement.Font

.Superscript = True

End With

With Selection.Find

.Text = "(a)([0-9]{1,})(a)"

.Replacement.Text = "\2"

.Forward = True

.Wrap = wdFindContinue

.Format = True

.MatchWildcards = True

End With

Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"pdrew" wrote in message
I need to import Word 2000 docs containing automatic footnotes into web
pages. I know that automatic footnotes do not import into HTML pages. Is
there a way to turn off the coding of the automatic footnotes in the Word
doc, leaving just static text, so I can import the doc into Dreamweaver?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I have noted that pasting text from a Word document into a plain-text email
accomplishes this automatically, even putting the footnote numbers in
brackets.

http://word.mvps.org