Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Frank[_3_] Frank[_3_] is offline

Default Basic but frustrating

Hi-Trying to print some checks using excel data and word. Problem is
moving/placing fields inb the right place. We chose a custom label to make 3
on a page check template. All went well until we tried putting the 4 fields
where they go. Name, amount numerical, amound text dollars and location in
memo field, We have all the sawitches correct, everything. but placing the
fields is killing us. How can you move them around? we tried most
everything, but obviously not the right thing. Or once they are inserted is
that it, no more movement?
Hope I w explianed this right.
Thanks
Luke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You may need to split each of the three cells of the table that amounts to
your custom label into a number of individual cells so that you can position
the mergefields in the appropriate cells.

I am not sure how you tried to move them, but they can certainly be moved
around, just like any other text by using the tab key, the enter key,
setting paragraph indents, etc. etc.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.