Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AMADHA

Default Word 2007 Beta2

Well first to comment, some interface items are really nice and it does look
good, but there are big problems. Losing the file menu under the icon sucks.
But on to more pressing things...

I am completely baffled as to how to do stuff with headers and footers. It
seems that this dead simple area of the program has been edited by an insane
person. I spent 10 minutes trying to get "1 of 9" page numbering in a
footer, no clue on how to do this and I have yet to succeed. I can get the
"1" and the "of" but the total pages? Nope. Lots of cool formatting options
though, but no trace of a "pages in document" switch, button, toggle, or
secret sign. Probably one of the most used items in the footer and I can't
figure it out in less than 10 minutes? This is BAD!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Either press Ctrl+F9 to insert a pair of field delimiters { } and inside
them type numpages, or click on the "Quick Parts" button and form there you
can get to the Insert Fields dialog.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"AMADHA" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Oh, it's buried under the eye-candy in the excessively large items in the
page numbers pull down in the Quick Parts thingy. Much quicker to use
Ctrl+F9 IMHO.

--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Surely the "Page X of Y" AutoText entry is lurking somewhere in the
QuickParts as well?

so