Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Mike is offline

Default Altering ToC and Page #s in Footer

I have a document that i want to put a ToC in. I got the ToC for the "main
body" of the document. I want to add other material, namely other documents
at the end, as apendicies.

herein is the problem. I don't want to insert the extra documents into the
orgininal doc, nro do i want to cross reference them. (this is due to the
pages not being of a "insertable" type. Namely Autocad Drawings and Program
listing from a ladder logic programming language.

Is there a way to manually edit the page numbers/ToC to do this, or should i
just try to manually creat a ToC and page numbers?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TWlrZQ==?=,

I have a document that i want to put a ToC in. I got the ToC for the "main
body" of the document. I want to add other material, namely other documents
at the end, as apendicies.

herein is the problem. I don't want to insert the extra documents into the
orgininal doc, nro do i want to cross reference them. (this is due to the
pages not being of a "insertable" type. Namely Autocad Drawings and Program
listing from a ladder logic programming language.

Is there a way to manually edit the page numbers/ToC to do this, or should i
just try to manually creat a ToC and page numbers?

Well, you can always add these entries after the TOC field, but there's no way
to get the TOC to automatically adjust the page numbers or anything like that.

A possible approach to get this done automated would be to add pages for all
the appendices. Use TC fields on the pages to generate the TOC entries. Then
just don't print those pages.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Yes, blank pages with TC fields on them for TOC inclusion. For more on
TC fields, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm. To make
the TOC pick up the fields, press Alt+F9 to display field codes, add the
\f switch, press Alt+F9 again to hide field codes, and press F9 to
update the TOC.

Note, however, that Cindy's other suggestion, to type the entries below
the automatic TOC, might be just as easy to implement.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mike" wrote in message
so just add blank pages to fill in for the sheets i would add?

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?TWlrZQ==?=,

[...]

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 17

2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow

question or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Sizing even page footer affects odd footer size soccerman58 Page Layout 6 June 18th 07 01:56 PM
Prevent from altering tikchye_oldLearner57 Microsoft Word Help 1 August 6th 06 04:39 AM
altering details Boots Mailmerge 6 June 15th 06 10:42 AM
altering part of an image sarah Microsoft Word Help 1 November 7th 05 05:35 PM
Altering Normal.dot using Styles!!!! Carina Microsoft Word Help 3 October 13th 05 06:47 AM