soilcon1

Default need user-friendly way to deal with pictures and form

I've made a form that multiple users will fill out and email to a program
manager. I would like them to be able to insert 10-20 jpegs into the form.
I have figured out how to insert the pictures into a protected form, but the
problem is the file size of the word document after the images are inserted
is much too big. I personally know how to reduce the file size of the
pictures before inserting them, but many of the users of this form are not
especially skilled at with computers. They will want to be able to download
pics from a digital camera to their picture folder and insert the pics
directly from the picture folder into the word document form. I think they
will be able to insert pictures fine, but I think they will find it hard to
reduce the file size of the images before inserting them. Any ideas on a
very user-friendly way to insert this many pictures into a form without the
entire file size getting out of control? Or a way to compress the file so we
can email it easily? I've tried zipping and my test document went from 13.3
mb to only 12 mb. We would like to keep the file size under 5 mb. Thanks a
bunch!
Anne Troy

I would be teaching them to reduce the file size. www.Irfanview.com has a
free application, and it'll batch process/compress image files for you. I'd
really start there. I don't see an easier way to do it from Word that THEY
could do any easier than this.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com