StrunkWriter

Default excel to word mail merge security annoyances

Im using Office 2000 Suite with SP03. I have an excel spread sheet I use to
mail merge a list of newspaper/magazine contacts to press releases. Because
publishers prefer electronic files, I tried to mail merge to email. This
worked, but there is a security safeguard that is driving me nuts!!

When I click €œmerge,€ I first get a message that says another program
(Word) is trying to send email using outlook and whether that is OK or not. I
select allow access for ## minutes based on how long I expect the merge to
take and click €œYES.€

Then, I get ANOTHER popup that asks if its OK to send the message. And
there is a FIVE SECOND delay before I can click yes. When I have to click
€œYES€ up to 30 times to send a group of press releases to their proper
destinations, it is annoying and troublesome.

Yes, I did try to do a merge through outlook. My database is so big, it
takes a long time to get stuff through that way, too. Plus, it took me months
to get the Excel Spreadsheets organized just the way I want them.

Is there a way to temporarily disable this security feature while I am
sending press releases?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U3RydW5rV3JpdGVy?=,

Im using Office 2000 Suite with SP03. I have an excel spread sheet I use to
mail merge a list of newspaper/magazine contacts to press releases. Because
publishers prefer electronic files, I tried to mail merge to email. This
worked, but there is a security safeguard that is driving me nuts!!

When I click €œmerge,€ I first get a message that says another program
(Word) is trying to send email using outlook and whether that is OK or not. I
select allow access for ## minutes based on how long I expect the merge to
take and click €œYES.€

There's a tool out there you can use to circumvent this.

http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Mail merge Word from Excel Alan_UK Mailmerge 2 February 1st 05 07:23 PM
Mail Merge Problem w/ MS Word 2000 pkampa(removethis)@optonline.net Mailmerge 2 December 28th 04 08:51 PM
Word 2002 Mail Merge - merging to new doc displays blank empty dia Steve Vincent Mailmerge 1 December 15th 04 06:28 PM
Include linked graphs from Excel during mail merge? dhschick Mailmerge 1 December 14th 04 01:02 AM