Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
*muffin* *muffin* is offline

Default tables what am I doing wrong with the text??

I made a whole page of tables for filling in genealogy information on a
person.
MOST of the tables are working fine with the text. but for some reason I
cannot TAB over to some where the text is correct. lemme try to explain:
when I tab to one table to the next in some of them are 'black' boxes,
(which sometimes this works ok, as I can delete the whole box to put in new
information) but, most of these are in the wrong spot INSIDE the table, I
want the text to start over several spaces, to get this I have to keep
clicking the space bar to start it where I want.
in other boxes this works ok , it starts where I want (NO black box,, only
a curser bar), ALSO when I click on each individual table box it MOST DO go
to where I want it,
still other problems when I TAB over say I have the text set at 8 (which
it says when I individually click on it, but when I TAB over to it the text
is at 12! I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong & how to fix all this
so each table is what I want in font size & position of text!
also on some tables when I Tab over I cannot SEE the curser (when I click
individually it shows up!), but it will type in correctly.
arrghhhhhhhhh.
to make all this more complicated I wanted little text boxes in each table
that did not move like the words "name" "address" "birthdate" etc. I could
only figure out I had to put individual text boxes in each table & send it
BEHIND the table so it wouldn't be affected by what I typed IN each box,
this seems to work OK, but there has to be an easier way, I could not find
where you could 'lock' in a text block (or something like that) so it would
stay... did I miss something?
please help. its driving me nuts to keep changing all this each time I type
in!.