Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fanny fanny is offline

Default how do I get the letter head and footer only in 1st page of doc.?

I'm typing a letter with more than 1 page and i only want to print our
letterhead on the 1st page of the document. But as of right now the header
and footer is on every pages and i don't know how to program it to have it
only on the 1st page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Fanny:

Each document has at least one section. (Even if you don't insert section
breaks, the document has a "default" Section 1.)

Each section can have up to three sets of headers and footers. These are for
the first page, the even pages, and the odd pages.

You want to create a different header and footer for your first page (but
probably not for even vs. odd pages).

Click File Page Setup then select the Layout tab. Check the Different
First Page check box. Now you'll be able to define a first page header and
footer, and a regular header and footer (or an odd page and even page header
and footer if you check the Different Odd and Even check box as well).

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Embobz Embobz is offline

On 1 May, 14:54, fanny wrote:
I'm typing a letter with more than 1 page and i only want to print our
letterhead on the 1st page of the document. But as of right now the header
and footer is on every pages and i don't know how to program it to have it
only on the 1st page.

From the 'Header and Footer' toolbar, click on 'page setup', and then

on the 'page layout' tab. You should then tick the 'Different first
page' box. Make sure you have a copy of the stuff from the header, as
when you go back to the document, it will have deleted the contents of
the header and footer. You can now have a different header from the
second page onwards, and leave it blank if you want to. I hope this
helps.