Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MarkH MarkH is offline

Default label document

Word2003

I've created a label document from excel using mailmerge. The document
has roughly 5,200 addresses from an avery 5160 label format, which turns
out 30 labels per page, approximately 173 pages. However, at the bottom
of the screen, the entire document is listed as one page, with 173
sections. As I scroll down, the section number changes and not the page
number. The page number remains at page #1. I can print the entire
document, the current page, but the print option "print specific pages"
fails every time, probably i'm guessing, because the document is
considered as one page. Is there a solution? Thanks for any tips.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Print by section. In the print pages box enter
s1-s3 to print the first three sections.
Or look in Word Help under 'Print a Document'!

MarkH wrote:
Word2003

I've created a label document from excel using mailmerge. The document
has roughly 5,200 addresses from an avery 5160 label format, which
turns out 30 labels per page, approximately 173 pages. However, at
the bottom of the screen, the entire document is listed as one page,
with 173 sections. As I scroll down, the section number changes and
not the page number. The page number remains at page #1. I can print
the entire document, the current page, but the print option "print
specific pages" fails every time, probably i'm guessing, because the
document is considered as one page. Is there a solution? Thanks for
any tips.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The document is not considered one page (if the status bar tells you it's
173 pages, then that's how many Word thinks it is). It is considered 173
page 1s, with a Next Page break between. As Graham says, you need to print
using section numbers.

"MarkH" wrote in message
Word2003

I've created a label document from excel using mailmerge. The document
has roughly 5,200 addresses from an avery 5160 label format, which turns
out 30 labels per page, approximately 173 pages. However, at the bottom
of the screen, the entire document is listed as one page, with 173
sections. As I scroll down, the section number changes and not the page
number. The page number remains at page #1. I can print the entire
document, the current page, but the print option "print specific pages"
fails every time, probably i'm guessing, because the document is
considered as one page. Is there a solution? Thanks for any tips.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mark H Mark H is offline

Thanks Graham, worked perfect.