Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jbc

Default Access query not listed

Hi, I recently updated from office 2000 to 2003.

I had several letters created in word 2000that merged and worked correctly
with acesss 2000.

I updated the database to access 2003. I'm trying to merge a letter with a
query. Word 2003 takes me to the point where it is listing tables/queries to
merge. My query is not being displayed. Many of them are showing, but the
one that I want to use is not.

Any ideas.

jbc
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

The simplest workaround in this case is to check Word
Tools|Options|General|COnfirm conversion at open, go through the connection
process again, then choose the DDE option when offered. You shoud see all
your queries then. By default Word 2003 connects using OLEDB, which does not
let you use a number of different types of query, e.g. parameter queries,
queries that use user-defined functions in Access VBA, andvarious other
things.

Peter Jamieson