Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lfelixthekat

Default how do I do a label merge using a directory?

I like to use a directory and then make labels from that directory, however,
I cant seem to figure how to make labels from a directory...mail merge and
etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

What format is your data stored in? (A Word document? Excel file? Or what?
And how is it organised (e.g. do you have one column for street name, one
for city, one for postal code, or what?

Peter Jamieson

"Lfelixthekat" wrote in message
I like to use a directory and then make labels from that directory,
however,
I cant seem to figure how to make labels from a directory...mail merge and
etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lfelixthekat

well in the old word I had it done in a word doc. and then just do a merge
when I need to do labels... this was the data base that was very easy to keep
updated and then when I need to do label just do it.. Now I cant seem to
figure it out to do the label part. Today I figured out how to do mail
merge with the excel files. We just got upgraded at work and now things are
all different.. I have a number of excel files as my data base and then do a
mail merge. and they are organized by name, title, company, address 1,
address 2, city, state, zip and other info.
Is it a lost cause that I should just do a excel file and merge. I dont
know access

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

What format is your data stored in? (A Word document? Excel file? Or what?
And how is it organised (e.g. do you have one column for street name, one
for city, one for postal code, or what?

Peter Jamieson

"Lfelixthekat" wrote in message
I like to use a directory and then make labels from that directory,
however,
I cant seem to figure how to make labels from a directory...mail merge and
etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Is it a lost cause that I should just do a excel file and merge.

No, but I think you should go and look at Graham Mayor's pages

and

and see how far they get you.