Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
teacher

Default cannot mail merge excel to word more than 62 columns

Trying to merge my gradebook Excel into Word. Will handle up to about 62
columns, after that the column heading are pushed together when viewed under
the mail merge process of selecting the records. I have about 120 columns in
Excel. Using Office 2000 Premium Professional. I tried using Office XP and
the same occured.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

It is not clear what you are trying to do, but the essential difference
between an Excel table and a Word table is that the latter is constrained by
the paper size, whereas the former isn't.

teacher wrote:
Trying to merge my gradebook Excel into Word. Will handle up to about
62 columns, after that the column heading are pushed together when
viewed under the mail merge process of selecting the records. I have
about 120 columns in Excel. Using Office 2000 Premium Professional. I
tried using Office XP and the same occured.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Word tables have a maximum of 63 columns (and as Graham says, you would
typically need a wide sheet for paper for that).

But is the problem somewhere else? I though you might mean that the columns
are pushed together in the "Mail Merge Recipients" dialog box, but Word 2000
doesn't have that dialog...

Peter Jamieson

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Word 2003 Mail Merge from Excel spreadsheet database Cockatiel's mom Mailmerge 1 January 2nd 06 04:44 AM
Mail Merge of a Date from Excel Data into Microsoft Word Keith A Microsoft Word Help 2 August 31st 05 05:01 AM