Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
zacobw zacobw is offline

Default when i type cert`ain ch`ar`acters I 5get extr`a stuff `

my son must h`ave ch`an5ge8d `a settin5g when i type this is wh`at kin8d of
stuff I `am 5gettin5g. How 8do i 5get ri8d of this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"zacobw" wrote in message
my son must h`ave ch`an5ge8d `a settin5g when i type this is wh`at kin8d
of
stuff I `am 5gettin5g. How 8do i 5get ri8d of this?

You have a laptop and you've activated the "number pad" emulator on the
keyboard. Look in your User Manual for how to toggle it on and off. (Usually
an F key.....)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
zacobw zacobw is offline

Should have
been more specific it is a desktop. it is a microsoft natural pro
keyboard. weird thing is when I switch out to a different keyboard as the
one i use now it works fine. problem is I am using a Kinesis essential
contured keyboard and I am the only one in the family that knows how to type
on it. Think my keyboard is trashed?