Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
David David is offline

Default Web Tools

I've figured out how to change the default picture layout to be "In front of
text" but have been unable to do the same for Web Tools such as text boxes
and option buttons. Any advise? I use Word 2002 SP3.
--
Thanks,
David
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi David,

While Word has some support for CSS2 to apply to documents, it doesn't fully support floating positioning of pictures when you use
File=Save As Web Page

Using the Web Layout view choice is pretty much along the lines of what you'll get when you save or use File=Web Page Preview.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/212270/en-us?FR=1
(also applies to later Word versions)

I'm not entirely clear on the goal you're trying to achieve when you refer to being able to position the items from
View=Toolbars=Web Tools

When you use the items from that toolbar you're creating a web form region within your page. With the toolbar open, if you click on
the 'Design mode' icon then select the inserted web text input box you can right click and choose 'Format control, and that will let
you choose 'in front of text', but as you will notice that as soon as you do that the web tools toolbar pretty much goes blank as
Word can no longer 'see' the control, to work with it.

============
"David" wrote in message news I've figured out how to change the default picture layout to be "In front of
text" but have been unable to do the same for Web Tools such as text boxes
and option buttons. Any advise? I use Word 2002 SP3.
--
Thanks,
David
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
David David is offline

Thank you for the response Bob. I am trying to create a proposal for a web
page. It does not need to have any functionality. It just needs to "look
like" the finished product. I have been changing the layout in the manner
you suggested (right clicking) just to make the tools easier to move around.
I was hoping there was a way to set "In front of text" as default so that I
don't have to change it everytime I insert a new web tool.
--
Thanks,
David