beachlover

Default how do i stop word opening with a frame that i have to delete.

Everytime i open a word document it opens with a frame by default. I then
have to delete the frame before i can type the document i want. I do not use
frames so how can i stop word from opening with a frame.
Stefan Blom

Please see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"beachlover" wrote in message
Everytime i open a word document it opens with a frame by default. I

then
have to delete the frame before i can type the document i want. I do

not use
frames so how can i stop word from opening with a frame.

macropod

Hi beachlover,

Somewhere along the way, you've probably saved Word's Normal.dot template
with a frame. To get rid of the frame, either delete it from the Normal.dot
template, or simply delete the Normal.dot file altogether if you don't have
any special styles, macros etc stored in it - Word will create a new empty
one next time it starts.

Cheers

"beachlover" wrote in message
Everytime i open a word document it opens with a frame by default. I then
have to delete the frame before i can type the document i want. I do not

use
frames so how can i stop word from opening with a frame.

Beachlover

Hey, Thanks to you both.
I have finally managed to locate the normal.doc file but it took a bit of
doing. Im using office 2003 and for some reason when you open the templates
folder the files inside are still hidden even though I had checked the €śview
all hidden files€ť radio button.

I had to go to the folder options and uncheck the €śhide system files€ť so
that the search would show the normal.doc file.

Anyway it worked and I can now open word without a frame.
Thanks very much.