BlarneyFOR

Default Word Attachments in outlook view 50% instead of "Normal" View

hi there,

I am trying to help someone who is having an issue with Outlook and
word. What is happening, is that when she opens a Word attachment from
an outlook e-mail, the view area of the word document is defaulting to
50 percent. She then has to go to the view menu and hit the "normal"
option in order to read anything that's in the text. I will admit I am
a little bit baffled by why this is an issue, yet it doesn't seem to
want to go away.

Is there anyway to set the default view on an outlook/word attachment
so that it opens up in to "normal" view? It would really help me a
lot.

Thank you!

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Which version of word? is it the new reading layout or 50% zoom?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041122.htm

If zoom, does it do it for word documents opened from the hard drive? She'll
probably need to save the template with zoom set to 100%.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"BlarneyFOR" wrote in message
ups.com...
hi there,

I am trying to help someone who is having an issue with Outlook and
word. What is happening, is that when she opens a Word attachment from
an outlook e-mail, the view area of the word document is defaulting to
50 percent. She then has to go to the view menu and hit the "normal"
option in order to read anything that's in the text. I will admit I am
a little bit baffled by why this is an issue, yet it doesn't seem to
want to go away.

Is there anyway to set the default view on an outlook/word attachment
so that it opens up in to "normal" view? It would really help me a
lot.

Thank you!

BlarneyFOR

thanks, you were right. it was the "reading layout" option. I
unchecked it and it started working the way she wanted