Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry

Default Default paper tray issue

I'm having an issue with the default paper tray on a Savin copier when
printing documents created by others. When I create a document, the default
paper tray is set to auto select, which is what I want. When someone else
creates a document and I open it, the default tray is set for the bypass
tray, so I have to manually change the default tray to auto-select in order
to get the document to print on standard paper instead of whatever
form/letterhead/colored paper that someone has left in the bypass tray. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not really. The paper tray selection is saved as part of Page Setup. You can
ask the people who are sending you documents to set the paper tray to Auto
Select, but beyond that I don't think you have any recourse.