Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Judy123

Default Mail merge field formatting

The column I created in excel was formatted as currency ($8.70); after I
merge my information to the word main document, when I preview it shows as
8.7, what am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

You aren't doing anything wrong, but unfortunately Word loses the
formatting. You can either
a. check Word Tools|Options|general|Confirm conversions at open, then
reconnect to the Excel data source and choose the DDE option when offered,
or
b. put "numeric format switches" in all the appropriate fields in Word,
e.g. if you press Alt-F9 in Word and see

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber \*Mergeformat }

change it to

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber \#,$0.00 \*Mergeformat }

Peter jamieson
"Judy123" wrote in message
The column I created in excel was formatted as currency ($8.70); after I
merge my information to the word main document, when I preview it shows as
8.7, what am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Judy123

I can not thank you enough for your help. I used option b. and it worked like
a charm! Not only were you right on target, your instructions were very
detailed and easy to follow. Thank you again; you saved me much "fustration".