Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bethw

Default Mailmerge with multiple emails in single cell

I have a database that includes a contact person for each account. There are
a few of the accounts that have multiple contacts, and I have put their
emails in the same cell, separated by a semi-colon. When I do a mailmerge in
word, it does not recognize these email addresses and will not send the email.
Is there a work around that will allow me to have multiple email addresses
in a single cell and still be able to do a mailmerge?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The only way to do it would be by using a macro that makes use of the
Outlook Object Model. The macro in the article at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

has some of the code that you would need to use.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"bethw" wrote in message
I have a database that includes a contact person for each account. There
are
a few of the accounts that have multiple contacts, and I have put their
emails in the same cell, separated by a semi-colon. When I do a mailmerge
in
word, it does not recognize these email addresses and will not send the
email.
Is there a work around that will allow me to have multiple email addresses
in a single cell and still be able to do a mailmerge?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

There's three options:

1. Don't use code and do it manually

2. Become familiar - See the article "Getting To Grips With VBA Basics In
15 Minutes" at:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...csIn15Mins.htm

3. Have someone else create the code for you.