Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Elizabeth Swoope

Default Include a message in e-mails with attachments?

I have successfully used Doug Robbin's "Merging with Attachments" procedure
and macro to sent multiple attachments using mail-merge. (Thank you, Doug!)

Is there a way to include an actual message in the body of the e-mail? I'd
like to include a simple description of the attachments and some basic
instructions (e.g., If possible, please print CDOrder on green, blue, or
lavender paper.) as an e-mail message.

I am using Office 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

In the procedure to which you refer, the document (i.e. message) for each
record that is produced by executing the merge becomes the body of the email
message to which the attachments are attached.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Elizabeth Swoope" Elizabeth wrote in
message ...
I have successfully used Doug Robbin's "Merging with Attachments" procedure
and macro to sent multiple attachments using mail-merge. (Thank you,
Doug!)

Is there a way to include an actual message in the body of the e-mail? I'd
like to include a simple description of the attachments and some basic
instructions (e.g., If possible, please print CDOrder on green, blue, or
lavender paper.) as an e-mail message.

I am using Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Elizabeth Swoope

Doug,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I had not understood the paragraph that
describes this process so had missed what I was supposed to do there. I'm
familiar with basic merges, but not so much with this terminology (execute to
a new document, etc.). I went back, reread the instructions, and managed to
muddle through it.

Again, thanks for taking the time to write the macro and document the
procedure. I'm not comfortable with the process just yet but I now know that
I can do what needs to be done.

BTW, this is actually a better solution for me than trying to merge several
PDFs into one. I am generating some attachments as individual PDFs from mail
merge (thanks for that, BTW) and some as individual PDFs from Access. I used
Access to generate the data file used to create the catalogue/directory
document.

Liz