Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Wryen Meek

Default Integrating Database Data into a label template based on user inpu

Softwa Microsoft Office Professional 2003

Situation:

I would like to create a very easy to use Word Template that generates a
label based on data I have in an Access Database. I would like to be able to
open the document and be prompted to input a list of datasets to generate
labels for. I would also like to be able to recyle old label sheets, so I
need to specify which label sections in the template to skip. I know how to
acomplish this in Access - But I really dont want to recreate a bunch a Avery
Label Templates in the form of Acess Reports. Also my co-workers dont have a
clue how to use Access nor can I count on those that come after me to know
Access - therefore it would be nice to do this in Word, a program that they
know how to use.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or offer some suggestions?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The label wizard in Access is probably easier to use than mailmerging to
labels in Word.

The only way to skip "used" labels is to add the necessary number of blank
rows at the beginning of the data source, or put the label sheet in the
other way around (assuming the top and bottom margins are the same) and then
merge the appropriate number of records to use up the labels, then do a
second merge starting at the next record number.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
Global/Master Template [email protected] New Users 1 October 27th 05 03:34 PM
text form field in document (based on template) Dan Microsoft Word Help 2 October 19th 05 05:07 PM
update text form field on document based on template Dan Microsoft Word Help 0 October 18th 05 09:09 PM
Moving templates to other computer GeorgeMar Microsoft Word Help 10 February 19th 05 04:59 AM