Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
morland morland is offline

Default Word 2007 File Open Window will not minimize

This just started recently - whenever I select File Open, the Open window
is maximized and I can't find a way to resize or minimize it. If I try and
drag the bottom right corner the drag "spot" disappears. Double clicking on
the title bar doesn't work either. Then after several tries Word often stops
responding - closes and reopens. If I double click the title bar the window
pops down smaller and then pops right back up to max again.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Double-click the title bar in the dialog box to restore it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"morland" wrote in message
This just started recently - whenever I select File Open, the Open
window
is maximized and I can't find a way to resize or minimize it. If I try
and
drag the bottom right corner the drag "spot" disappears. Double clicking
on
the title bar doesn't work either. Then after several tries Word often
stops
responding - closes and reopens. If I double click the title bar the
window
pops down smaller and then pops right back up to max again.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
morland morland is offline

I said in my original post that double-clicking the title bar doesn't work.
It pops to go smaller and immediately pops to max again without stopping.

"morland" wrote in message
This just started recently - whenever I select File Open, the Open
window
is maximized and I can't find a way to resize or minimize it. If I try
and
drag the bottom right corner the drag "spot" disappears. Double clicking
on
the title bar doesn't work either. Then after several tries Word often
stops
responding - closes and reopens. If I double click the title bar the
window
pops down smaller and then pops right back up to max again.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Sorry, I missed reading that part. Does the issue occur if you start Word in
Safe Mode? Hold Ctrl while starting Word and continue holding Ctrl until you
are prompted to start in Safe Mode.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"morland" wrote in message
This just started recently - whenever I select File Open, the Open
window
is maximized and I can't find a way to resize or minimize it. If I try
and
drag the bottom right corner the drag "spot" disappears. Double
clicking
on
the title bar doesn't work either. Then after several tries Word often
stops
responding - closes and reopens. If I double click the title bar the
window
pops down smaller and then pops right back up to max again.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
morland morland is offline

I just tried that. Nothing happens. When I go into SAFE MODE and go into
Safe Mode, if I double click the Title Bar - nothing happens.

Marcia

"morland" wrote in message
This just started recently - whenever I select File Open, the Open
window
is maximized and I can't find a way to resize or minimize it. If I try
and
drag the bottom right corner the drag "spot" disappears. Double
clicking
on
the title bar doesn't work either. Then after several tries Word often
stops
responding - closes and reopens. If I double click the title bar the
window
pops down smaller and then pops right back up to max again.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

That's odd. Did you try starting Windows in Safe Mode? It could be a display
issue.

Also note, the Open dialog box can be resized - perhaps it's been sized to
fit the screen?

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out: