Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DianeG DianeG is offline

Default Word 2000, Table of contents using outline numbering on a document

Going way back to Word 2000. How do I convert my outline numbered text to a
table of contents?

Thanks

Diane
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If the numbering is style-based, with one style attached to each level of
numbering, this can be easily done via Insert | Index and Tables.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DianeG" wrote:

Going way back to Word 2000. How do I convert my outline numbered text to a
table of contents?

Thanks

Diane

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DianeG DianeG is offline

Default Word 2000, Table of contents using outline numbering on a docu

Its created using outline numbering on the format bullets and numbering menu,
can I do it from here?

"DianeG" wrote:

Going way back to Word 2000. How do I convert my outline numbered text to a
table of contents?

Thanks

Diane

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Not easily. You can mark entries by selecting them and then pressing
Alt+Shift+O, but you would have to type the paragraph numbers manually in the
dialog box (for each added entry).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP