Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] alexander.craens@telenet.be is offline

Default transfer data of table as caption for pictures

I'm using a template report with a table where information is stored
about picture taken on a site inspection. Is it possible to automate
the insertion of those pictures into another table in the same
document and...include the information from the report table as
caption? All of the information is copied from an excel file. Any
suggestions are welcome. This procedure is taken so much time and is
getting frustrating.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If in Excel, you have the filepath\\filename of each of the pictures in one
column and the caption in another column, you could use mailmerge to create
a document containing the images and the captions.

See the "Graphics from data base" item under the "Special merges" section of
fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
I'm using a template report with a table where information is stored
about picture taken on a site inspection. Is it possible to automate
the insertion of those pictures into another table in the same
document and...include the information from the report table as
caption? All of the information is copied from an excel file. Any
suggestions are welcome. This procedure is taken so much time and is
getting frustrating.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] alexander.craens@telenet.be is offline

Doug,

I tried the method explained on the website you suggested but It seems
not to work. I only see a frame with a small white rectangle with a
red cross in the corner.
What am I doing wrong, is there some examples i could download to
check how to do the mail merge etc..

As you can guess I'm new at all this, so bear with me.