Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura79

Default Hyperlink CTRL-Click disable does not transfer with document

I am using Word 2002 with Windows Me. I've created a long document with
multiple hyperlinks. I used Tools Options Edit to un-check the "Use CTRL
+ Click to follow hyperlink" box under Editing options, so now within my
document a simple Click works to follow the hyperlinks. So far, so good.
However, I e-mailed the document to someone else, and he says he has to use
CTRL + Click to follow the hyperlinks. He e-mailed the document back to me,
and I can use a simple Click. Is the CTRL-Click disable restricted to the
computer being used? Or is there a way to make the CTRL-Click disable stay
with the document?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Laura,

The option setting is a per user, rather than a document setting.
You could, perhaps, include a macro within the document to change the setting, but the receiving user's security setttings within
Word would have to be low enough to allow it to make changes to their computer settings.

========
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Pricing and Packages for '2007 Microsoft Office System'
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura79

Thank you for your reply.

Another related question: the document will be posted to a website.
Someone else is doing that part of it, but I assume they will change the file
to HTML format. In any case, can you tell me - once the document is online,
will users be able to use a simple Click to follow the hyperlinks within the
document?

"Laura79" wrote in message
I am using Word 2002 with Windows Me. I've created a long document with
multiple hyperlinks. I used Tools Options Edit to un-check the "Use

CTRL
+ Click to follow hyperlink" box under Editing options, so now within my
document a simple Click works to follow the hyperlinks. So far, so good.
However, I e-mailed the document to someone else, and he says he has to

use
CTRL + Click to follow the hyperlinks. He e-mailed the document back to

me,
and I can use a simple Click. Is the CTRL-Click disable restricted to the
computer being used? Or is there a way to make the CTRL-Click disable

stay
with the document?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, if a document is a Web page, hyperlinks will function normally in a
browser.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a machine-specific setting. Tell your recipient to uncheck the

box
on his own computer.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.