Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anya Anya is offline

Default Table of Contents-mark problem

I am trying to set up an automatic table of contents. First I am placing the
mark within the text I have. However, the marks must be placed at sections
that are within the text boxes. Can you not place a mark within text boxes?

(I had to use text box because it was within a header with a pitcture.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Table of Contents can't see text within a text box, so even if you could
place the mark inside the text box, the process that creates the TOC would
ignore those marks.

Right-click to Convert your Text Box to a Frame, and then it ought to work.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not sure what you mean by Transparent.

Right-click the frame, select Borders and Shading, and setting it to None
will remove the line around it, which seems to be the default. Does that
help?