martinT

Default How do you prevent copying text formatted arial from coming out c.

I have two documents formatted arial. when I copy and paste, the result is in
courier. How do you prevent this?
Word Heretic

G'day "martinT" ,

By using styles

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

martinT reckoned:

I have two documents formatted arial. when I copy and paste, the result is in
courier. How do you prevent this?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?bWFydGluVA==?=,

I have two documents formatted arial. when I copy and paste, the result is in
courier. How do you prevent this?

Which version of Word are you using?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Joseph McGuire

It is a function of Styles. Word documents are based on styles (and
templates, too), although lots of people go through life without knowing
this. It can get a little complicated. The short answer is that you
probably ought to try setting up a style in the document you want to paste
to that will cover the incoming text. Set the font of the style to match
the formatting you want for the incoming text. I have no idea how much text
you want to copy. Then when pasting use Paste Special, unformatted Text,
instead of Paste. That way, the incoming text will take on the style of the
target. However, if you had manually changed the font on the incoming text
manually, Word may stick with that font.

"Word Heretic" wrote in message
G'day "martinT" ,

By using styles

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

martinT reckoned:

I have two documents formatted arial. when I copy and paste, the result

is in
courier. How do you prevent this?

Prevent copying of text and objects in a Word document? ramafida Microsoft Word Help 1 February 15th 05 05:25 AM
copying text only from table mon Microsoft Word Help 3 January 31st 05 11:53 PM
Paste exact text as formatted in another document? Top Spin New Users 3 January 12th 05 07:17 AM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Using Hyperlinks in Mail Merge IF...THEN...ELSE Statements Mark V Mailmerge 8 November 30th 04 01:31 PM