Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Gary is offline

Default Chapter has sections 4 portrait & landscape Need continuous footno

Hi

I have a chapter which has portait and landscpae pages then more portrait
and more landscape and portrait.

I have used sections for this

I want the footnotes to start at 1 and continue through all sections

Word ignores the number I set in the dialoge

What can I do? (My version is 2003 with latest patches)

TIA/gary
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word will NOT restart footnote numbering unless you have selected "Restart
each section" in the Footnote and Endnote dialog. If you have selected
Continuous and "Whole document" for "Apply changes to," your footnote
numbering should not restart ever.

If you are referrring to page numbering in the footer rather than footnotes,
then that is a different matter; you will need to choose "Continue from
previous section" in the Page Number Format dialog in each section.

http://word.mvps.org