Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mary john mary john is offline

Default How do i open an 'open office writer' document with microsoft word

I have a document created in 'open office writer' by Sun mycrosystems. How
can i open this in a computer that does not have 'open office writer'
installed. Is there any method I can open this document with microsoft word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word cannot open native-format OpenOffice.org files. OpenOffice
can "save as" to several Word-compatible formats. OpenOffice is
free to anyone to who wants to download and install the program.

mary john wrote:

I have a document created in 'open office writer' by Sun mycrosystems. How
can i open this in a computer that does not have 'open office writer'
installed. Is there any method I can open this document with microsoft word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word does not have converters for Open Office. Given that Open Office is
basically free, I suggest that you install it and save the document in Word
format. Or, as whoever gave you the document to save it in Word format.

Alternatively, you might try he

http://www.acii.com/online.htm?o=IconvCom

I haven't used their services, but what I'm reading suggests that they have
an online way to convert from odt to doc.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com