Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Stefan is offline

Default Save As 2007

I have just gotten office 2007.

I cannot find save as anywhere word.

Can somebody please tell me where to find it.

I do not care for the new layout out. Is there a way to switch to classic
view?
--
Thanks in advance
Stefan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Stefan wrote:
I have just gotten office 2007.

I cannot find save as anywhere word.

Can somebody please tell me where to find it.

I do not care for the new layout out. Is there a way to switch to
classic view?

Click the big round button in the upper left corner, and choose Save As from
the menu that appears.

No, there is no classic view. There is a commercial add-in that displays the
classic menus and toolbars, but some knowledgeable people who have tried it
weren't happy with the number of errors it caused.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Jay,

FWIW, the latest update to the Add-in for the 'classic' menus from http://addintools.com seems to have corrected the multiple errors
on initial load. Now if they can find a way to make those menus accept changes via a 'Tools=Customize' emulator...

It was at version 1.50 when the errors were first seen and it's up to 2.08 today http://addintools.com/english/updates.htm If you
have the ribbon collapsed/minimized in Word 2007 it's pretty unobtrusive, just an additional tab.

=============
"Jay Freedman" wrote in message ...
[snip] there is no classic view. There is a commercial add-in that displays the
classic menus and toolbars, but some knowledgeable people who have tried it
weren't happy with the number of errors it caused.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

How do I save work from word 2007 to a CD kzyp14 New Users 1 March 23rd 07 12:49 PM
Word 2007 PDF Save as PDF Boxes Around Firlds Brett Weiss Microsoft Word Help 3 January 9th 07 01:34 AM
Save as pdf/xps...2007 Frank New Users 3 November 17th 06 08:13 PM
save preview picture in Word 2007 NErdsAreUs Microsoft Word Help 3 October 17th 06 08:34 PM
Office 2007 B2TR won't save Simon McIntyre Microsoft Word Help 4 October 9th 06 09:00 AM