Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Wood David Wood is offline

Default Protected Date Field in Forms Mode - Strange Behaviour

Word 2003 - Protected (Forms) Mode

We are making extensive use of Forms mode in our organisation with some
success. However, we have discovered that in some instances, the following
occurs;

Date field is inserted with following parameters;
Default date - not set
Date format - dd MMMM yyyy
Max length - unlimited
No macros are run
"Fill in" and "calculate on exit" enabled

Font is set to Arial 11

Form is protected and saved.

When a user opens the form and tabs down to the date field, once in the
field the font changes to MS Gothic. As a work around, the user must press
"Delete" and the font reverts to Arial 11.

This does not occur on all PC's and the form is stored in only once
instance. The problem is in date fields only.

I cannot think where to look.. Any suggestions will be gratefully received
and checked out.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi David,

When a user opens the form and tabs down to the date field, once in the
field the font changes to MS Gothic. As a work around, the user must press
"Delete" and the font reverts to Arial 11.

This is a known problem, described in this KB article

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Strange Tables behaviour Madhur Tables 3 January 23rd 08 02:51 AM
observing strange Word behaviour bluelagoon_HP Microsoft Word Help 0 October 18th 07 10:06 PM
Strange Word behaviour AlexR Microsoft Word Help 2 November 8th 06 05:11 PM
Strange behaviour of date fields in Excel-Word mailmerge Bill Bradley Mailmerge 2 September 8th 06 08:05 PM
Strange cursor behaviour Jane H Microsoft Word Help 1 December 6th 04 06:20 PM