Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GABTGURL GABTGURL is offline

Default Unable to have automatic page numbers in header

I am writing a paper for school which will span some 10 pages and want Word
to automatically enter a page number in the HEADER of each page for me. I am
using Word 2007 beta 2(TR) and go to INSERT..HEADER..EDIT HEADER and have set
the options as I want them but then when I select PAGE NUMBER all the options
next to TOP OF PAGE BOTTOM OF PAGE etc. are greyed out and not selectable!
This usually works just fine so I am totally lost as to why these options are
no longer available.

Can anyone suggest how I can fix this?

And yes before anyone mentions it I KNOW that 2007 is still beta!

T.I.A.