Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Behrens Mike Behrens is offline

Default Keyboard Shortcut to check and uncheck "Show all formatting marks"

I can't find this command in the 'customize keyboard shortcuts' dialog box.
Maybe it's because the check box is in an unusual place:

Office Menu Word Options Button Display Show All Formatting Marks

Any suggestions as to how I can attach a keyboard shortcut to check AND
uncheck this one?

Thanks,

-Mike Behrens-
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Astrid Astrid is offline

Hi Mike,

The category you want is View, the command is ShowAll.

Kind regards,
Astrid

"Mike Behrens" wrote:

I can't find this command in the 'customize keyboard shortcuts' dialog box.
Maybe it's because the check box is in an unusual place:

Office Menu Word Options Button Display Show All Formatting Marks

Any suggestions as to how I can attach a keyboard shortcut to check AND
uncheck this one?

Thanks,

-Mike Behrens-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In Word 2007, instead of the View category, the ShowAll command is in the Home
Tab category (it corresponds to the ¶ button).

And the default shortcut already assigned to the command in all versions of Word
is Ctrl+* (sometimes written as Ctrl+Shift+8). Press it repeatedly to turn the
formatting marks on and off.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Mike Behrens" wrote:

I can't find this command in the 'customize keyboard shortcuts' dialog box.
Maybe it's because the check box is in an unusual place:

Office Menu Word Options Button Display Show All Formatting Marks

Any suggestions as to how I can attach a keyboard shortcut to check AND
uncheck this one?

Thanks,

-Mike Behrens-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Behrens Mike Behrens is offline

Default Keyboard Shortcut to check and uncheck "Show all formatting ma

Thanks everyone.

This is just what I was looking for.

-Mike-