Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CSJ545

Default Keyboard shortcut for right-click mouse menu

Looking for an equivalent KEYBOARD SHORTCUT to use instead of having to stop
and RIGHT-CLICK on my mouse when I'm in an "Open File" directory. . . . HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CSJ545

ON behalf of myself, I will say . . . "DUH!"
THANKS - it was EXACTLY what I was looking for!

"CSJ545" wrote in message
Looking for an equivalent KEYBOARD SHORTCUT to use instead of having to

stop
and RIGHT-CLICK on my mouse when I'm in an "Open File" directory. . . .

HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Shift+F10 is also a Word shortcut for right-click menus.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Most Windows keyboards have a key to the right of the right-hand Windows

key
that opens shortcut menus.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"CSJ545" wrote in message
Looking for an equivalent KEYBOARD SHORTCUT to use instead of having

stop
and RIGHT-CLICK on my mouse when I'm in an "Open File" directory. . .

..
HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I found it a bit tricky getting this to work in Word's File Open dialog,
though, since the focus is in the filename box, and tabbing takes you
everywhere but the window itself. I finally figured out that Shift+Tab will
go from the filename to the window. And if you want the shortcut menu for a
specific file rather than the window itself, you have to DownArrow to the
desired filename.