Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry C.

Default Can I use the same office 2003 on my laptop as well as my desktop

Rather than spending money on a new office 2003 for my laptop when in fact
all I need is word, is it possible for me to use my existing Office 2003 that
is on my desktop.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi Terry

The answer depends on which version of Word you have installed.

Do Help About Microsoft Word and click on "View the End User Licence
Agreement". While the agreement is very long, In my version, the relevant
information is in the first few paragraphs.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Terry C." Terry wrote in message
Rather than spending money on a new office 2003 for my laptop when in fact
all I need is word, is it possible for me to use my existing Office 2003
that
is on my desktop.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The short (but unofficial) answer, though, is that if Office is a retail
version (you bought it as a freestanding package), it can be installed on
one desktop and one laptop, which in theory are used only by you and not at
the same time. If it's an OEM version (it came installed on your computer),
it can't be installed on another machine. And if it's a Student & Teacher
Edition, I believe it can be installed on up to three machines. As Shauna
says, you need to read the EULA for specifics; don't take my word as
authoritative.