Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David A. David A. is offline

Default Spell check -- text marked skip spelling and grammar check

I inherited a document and when I went to run spell check I get the message
that some text was skipped because it was marked, "Do not check spelling or
grammar". How do I turn this feature off so I can check the full document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

David A. wrote:
I inherited a document and when I went to run spell check I get the
message that some text was skipped because it was marked, "Do not
check spelling or grammar". How do I turn this feature off so I can
check the full document?

It's an attribute of specific parts of the text, just like italic or bold.

Select the entire document (Ctrl+A), then go to Tools Language Set
Language and clear the check box for "Do not check spelling or grammar". (If
the box initially contains a green square, that means some of the text has
it turned on and some has it turned off. You want the box to be empty.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sten Sten is offline

Hi Suzanne,

I have the same problem, but I have word 2007. Please help.

Thanks,
Sten

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ctrl+A to Select All, then go to Tools | Language | Set Language, select the
correct language, and clear the check box for "Do not check spelling and
grammar."

"David A." David wrote in message
I inherited a document and when I went to run spell check I get the

message
that some text was skipped because it was marked, "Do not check spelling

or
grammar". How do I turn this feature off so I can check the full

document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sten Sten is offline

Hi Suzanne,

This did not help. I think it is with the styles.

Thanks,
Sten

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ctrl+A to Select All, then go to Tools | Language | Set Language, select
the
correct language, and clear the check box for "Do not check spelling and
grammar."

so
all may benefit.

"David A." David wrote in message
I inherited a document and when I went to run spell check I get the
message
that some text was skipped because it was marked, "Do not check
spelling
or
grammar". How do I turn this feature off so I can check the full
document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Even if the styles are formatted as "Do not check," changing this in the
Language dialog should permit spell checking (provided the spelling checker
is properly installed).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ctrl+A to Select All, then go to Tools | Language | Set Language,
select
the
correct language, and clear the check box for "Do not check spelling
and
grammar."

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"David A." David wrote in message
I inherited a document and when I went to run spell check I get the
message
that some text was skipped because it was marked, "Do not check
spelling
or
grammar". How do I turn this feature off so I can check the full
document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sten Sten is offline

I don't konw but I modified style and now, it works. I am not getting what
do you mean by language dialog box. can you guide me?

Thanks,