Nicolas Heyer

Default Referenced images are not shown in my document

Hello,

We changed our "image" server for a few days and had to replace the
referenced images in our documents to point to the new location of the images.

That seems not to work for all the images, but when I compare both commands
in the Word document (between an image that is shown and another not shown),
they are the same (see example):

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "S:\\ARTIKELFOTO\\300X300\\2424.JPG" \* MERGEFORMAT \d }

We tested with the same picture to be sure the reference is OK. We manually
inserted the image in a new document using a reference and copied the
"problem" reference in that document just to realize both lines are exactly
the same...

What could be the problem ?

Thanks for any reply
Nicolas

lostinspace

[...]

Although you didn't specify internet or intranet?
There are frquent errors which are common to both protocols:
1) Syntax Errors
2) Invalid path
3) Case errors (upper, lower of otherwise.) One such example might be in the
file type that you provided which ends as ".JPG" (uppercase), most are
lowercase ".jpg".

Nicolas Heyer

First of all,thanks for your reply.

We talk of an intranet

Both command lines are exactly the same including upper and lowercase. As I
mentioned, I manually added the image from the "Insert" menu in Word to
verify the content of the command line and saw no difference between this
line and the line that doesn't work.

The lines are the same and when I turn off the Show Field option with ALT +
F9, one image appears, the other not...

Nicolas