How do I get a fraction like 3/16 to format like 1/2 does?

Old March 12th 08, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fractioneer

Default How do I get a fraction like 3/16 to format like 1/2 does?

I cannot figure out how to make the fraction format for oddball fractions...
I teach math and need to type fractions like 7/8 or 1/16 and all I can get it
to do is 1/2, 1/4, and 3/4! HELP!

Old March 27th 19, 11:53 AM
frisket frisket is offline

Originally Posted by fractioneer View Post
I cannot figure out how to make the fraction format for oddball fractions...
I teach math and need to type fractions like 7/8 or 1/16 and all I can get it
to do is 1/2, 1/4, and 3/4! HELP!
If you're doing math then you should really look at using LaTeX instead of Word. Fractions are then trivial, and are automatically formatted and positioned correctly, eg \frac{13}{16}

LaTeX is free and runs on all platforms. More details at the user group pages https://tug.org