Pistaccio

Default Page numbers at the same place with portrait/landscape sections?

Hello,

I have a document with some sections in the portrait mode and some in the
landscape one. I would like that all the page numbers appear at the same
place so that when you flip the whole document, you can always read the page
number on the bottom right. But, I don't know how to fix the fact that for
the landscape sections, it sets the page number on the bottom right but when
you look at the page horizontally. I would like the page number to be
oriented portrait in a landscape page, if I make myself clear. Like in a
book: the page numbers are all the same, even if at some point you have a
drawing that you have to look at turning the book around. I hope this is
clear and I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

SVC

Unfortunately, Word will not automatically do this for you.

You may be able to use the following workaround: Put a textbox in the
header or footer of the landscape page, insert the page number, change the
text direction, and move the textbox to the position you want (you'll needed
to experiment with placement). Make sure that your header or footer on the
pages preceding and following the pages in question are not set at "Same as
previous" (to eliminate the standard pagination and to prevent this type of
page number from carrying over to the next page).

"Pistaccio" wrote:

Hello,

I have a document with some sections in the portrait mode and some in the
landscape one. I would like that all the page numbers appear at the same
place so that when you flip the whole document, you can always read the page
number on the bottom right. But, I don't know how to fix the fact that for
the landscape sections, it sets the page number on the bottom right but when
you look at the page horizontally. I would like the page number to be
oriented portrait in a landscape page, if I make myself clear. Like in a
book: the page numbers are all the same, even if at some point you have a
drawing that you have to look at turning the book around. I hope this is
clear and I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mbrewer41 mbrewer41 is offline

Default Page numbers at the same place with portrait/landscape section

Unfortunately, this doesn't work if you already have a text box and/or a
picture, drawing, or other object in your header or footer. It only works
with plain text.

There has to be some way to simply move a header or footer to a different
part of the screen for documents with both portrait and landscape documents.
If not, consider this the first call for MS to create a patch for Word 2007
to install the fix. Obviously this is a not uncommon problem and one that
warrants a user-friendly solution.

"Pistaccio" wrote:

Thanks a lot!