Text form field - Text highlight

Old July 24th 17, 03:43 PM
oscarvw oscarvw is offline

Default Text form field - Text highlight

Hi! I've got a problem in word that I haven't been able to figure out..

I am currently making standard contract for a company, mainly for their sales staff to use on the fly. Thus, I have created a contract that is restricted for editing so they will only be able to fill out certain fields (like company names etc.). On the front page of the document there are two fields (Text Form Fields) that are meant to be filled in with company names, like so:

COMPANY1

COMPANY 2

The two text fields are highlighted in yellow. When you double tap the fields and start typing (when editing is restricted) the text disappears and you can write whatever you like in the fields. The yellow highlight color is also removed from the text field when you start typing. However, when I try to do the exact same thing in another section of the document, the highlighted color is not removed when editing.

The reason for which I am using text form fields, is that there are several REF-fields in the document that refer to the bookmark for the text form fields on page one.

I have not been able to create text-fields anywhere else in the document in which the highlighted color is removed when editing the text field, and it's doing my head in.

I would greatly appreciate some help with this problem. Even though minor and mainly cosmetic, I'd like to know what the problem is. Is there another (better) way to do what I want to do? I know I can just use the ordinary form field shading but I'd really like to know what the problem is =)

The document was created with Word 2010 on W7, however I also have access to Word 2016 on both MacOS and W10.

Regards
Oscar