How to highlight text and paste new text in it's place?

Old August 4th 05, 04:54 AM
Ottoman

Default How to highlight text and paste new text in it's place?

Previously, when I highlighted the text I wanted to replace, I could then
copy and paste new text over the top of it to replace it. Now, instead of
replacing it, when I paste the new text, the older text still remains. It
gets pushed further down in the document. I realize I can highlight it and
"cut", but it's an extra step that wasn't necessary before and I compile a
company publication everyday so it's frustrating.

Thanks
Old August 4th 05, 05:03 AM
Graham Mayor

Tools options edit typing replaces selection. Check the box.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old August 4th 05, 05:22 AM
Ottoman

Thanks G.M. That did it. Now I'm wondering how that option was disabled if I
never did it myself?
Thanks again,

Erik

Ottoman wrote:
Previously, when I highlighted the text I wanted to replace, I could
then copy and paste new text over the top of it to replace it. Now,
instead of replacing it, when I paste the new text, the older text
still remains. It gets pushed further down in the document. I realize
I can highlight it and "cut", but it's an extra step that wasn't
necessary before and I compile a company publication everyday so it's
frustrating.

Thanks

paste special - unformatted text Tom Microsoft Word Help 1 July 16th 05 07:17 PM
how can i remove newline in text i want to paste andre Microsoft Word Help 1 March 27th 05 03:40 PM
Highlight Text HBM Microsoft Word Help 2 March 8th 05 03:23 AM
How to paste text which looks like I'm typing? GeorgeWeir40 Microsoft Word Help 2 February 15th 05 04:30 AM
Paste exact text as formatted in another document? Top Spin New Users 3 January 12th 05 07:17 AM