How to highlight Text, but only print text not highlight

Old August 24th 06, 04:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darren

Default How to highlight Text, but only print text not highlight

I wish to highlight certain lines of text. When simply viewing or editing
the document I wish to see the highlight to draw attention to the line of
Text. But when I print I only want the Text to print (not the highlight).

I can't find how to do this. I.e. I can format the Text and highlight as
"hidden", but this obvioudly hides both the text and highlight on Print. I
still want the Text.

thanks
Darren

Old August 24th 06, 05:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Before printing, go to Tools | Options | View and clear the check box for
"Highlight." The highlighting will no longer be displayed and will not
print. After printing, you can recheck the box.

Old August 24th 06, 07:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darren

I am setting up a bunch of Templates. The Templates need to highlight areas
that should not be removed due to regulatory requirements. So we want to be
able to highlight to Users of the Template which sections or comments are
required for regulatory reasons and hence can't be removed and need more
thought\care.

We want to highlight them for editing, not when Printing.

Old August 24th 06, 07:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darren

thanks for the suggestion, but that sounds like a hassle and would mpre often
than not be forgotten (error prone). Especially seeing the whole company
uses these templates.

Old August 24th 06, 07:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Back up a little. If I understand you rightly you have a templates that
contain two types of text: matter that must be retained, and matter that may
be removed. You want some way to distinguish these two types of text, and
currently you are experimenting -- without much success -- with using
highlighting for the purpose. Is that the idea?