Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Joscelin Joscelin is offline

Default Word 2007: Paste rows in a table not seamless

Using a Word 2003 doc in Word 2007 I want to copy/paste (drag/drop) rows from
one table to another table. This used to work in 2003. In 2007 the rows are
inserted consecutively, but the row above the inserted ones gets last row
formatting and the row below the inserted ones gets header row formatting. Am
I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Then what is the workaround?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BoniM BoniM is offline

When you drag rows from one table to the middle of another in word 2007,
you're actually splitting the original table in two and adding a new table in
the middle. The bottom table has the same formating as the top table and
this is why the first row of the new table has the same header format and the
bottom row of the previous table is changed to last row format. If you drag
them to just below the table, they will be appended to the end of your table
- after the last row. If you need it to be all one table for sort/total
purposes, but want to add the rows somewhere in the middle, this works:
Select and copy (or cut) rows from old table - in new table insert the
necessary number of blank rows, select the new rows and choose Paste Special,
Unformatted text - which will place all data properly in a single table.
Not nearly as easy or as much fun as dragging... sorry!