Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lisalou lisalou is offline

Default Miscrosoft Word Mac 2000-2001

In my school computer lab I have 34 iMac's...over the past few years numerous
students have "played" with word creating documents; needless to say there
are amazing formats, margina etc. created! Is there a quick and easy way to
clear any and all "special features" and get back to a basic blank docoument?
Thank you! I would prefer not to re-install the application on all work
stations! Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lisalou lisalou is offline

"lisalou" wrote in message
In my school computer lab I have 34 iMac's...over the past few years

numerous
students have "played" with word creating documents; needless to say there
are amazing formats, margina etc. created! Is there a quick and easy way

clear any and all "special features" and get back to a basic blank

docoument?
Thank you! I would prefer not to re-install the application on all work
stations! Lisa

Thank you Suzanne, however, I now do not know with what steps to take to rename Normal.dot? If you have a moment I would be thrilled if you could walk me through this. Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Close Word. Find Normal.dot (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for instructions)
and rename it (preferably with a different file extension as well as
filename). When you restart Word, it will be operating on the built-in
default Normal.dot. It may not create a new file-based copy until you
customize something.

"lisalou" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Rename Normal.dot, and Word will generate a fresh copy with the default
settings.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"lisalou" wrote in message
In my school computer lab I have 34 iMac's...over the past few years

numerous
students have "played" with word creating documents; needless to say

there
are amazing formats, margina etc. created! Is there a quick and easy

way
clear any and all "special features" and get back to a basic blank

docoument?
Thank you! I would prefer not to re-install the application on all

work
stations! Lisa

Thank you Suzanne, however, I now do not know with what steps to take to

rename Normal.dot? If you have a moment I would be thrilled if you could
walk me through this. Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The template is just called normal template in the Mac version
1 Quit Word.
2 Navigate to your Normal template: By default, this is in
Applications:Microsoft Office 2001:Templates. If you do not find it there,
use Edit:Preferences:File Locations:User Templates:Modify to reveal its
location.
3 Rename the Normal template (for example, to oldNormal) and reopen Word. A
new Normal template will be created.
4 Open Word

"lisalou" wrote in message
In my school computer lab I have 34 iMac's...over the past few years

numerous
students have "played" with word creating documents; needless to
say there are amazing formats, margina etc. created! Is there a
quick and easy way

clear any and all "special features" and get back to a basic blank

docoument?
Thank you! I would prefer not to re-install the application on
all work stations! Lisa

Thank you Suzanne, however, I now do not know with what steps to
take to rename Normal.dot? If you have a moment I would be thrilled
if you could walk me through this. Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lisalou lisalou is offline

1-30-07, Thank you Graham and Suzanne, I just found my original post and your
my original post! Your suggestions will be put to work within this week! I
appreciate your reponses! lisalou

"lisalou" wrote in message
In my school computer lab I have 34 iMac's...over the past few years
numerous
students have "played" with word creating documents; needless to
say there are amazing formats, margina etc. created! Is there a
quick and easy way
clear any and all "special features" and get back to a basic blank
docoument?
Thank you! I would prefer not to re-install the application on
all work stations! Lisa

Thank you Suzanne, however, I now do not know with what steps to
take to rename Normal.dot? If you have a moment I would be thrilled
if you could walk me through this. Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi lisalou,

If you find this.... There are also Mac-specific newsgroups where
the traffic is a little lighter and it may be easier to find answers.
See here for Google/Entourage gateway to newsgroups for MacWord,
MacExcel, and other MS programs for the Mac:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups